2015 Winter Paleo Challenge | 30 Days
Nutritional challenges provide the support and accountability of the community to help us take control of our eating habits. In the 30 days you’ll learn a ton about the food you’re eating and how it effects your everyday life. Whether you’re trying to shed some pounds, put on extra muscle, or just feel better a nutritional challenge can help. Nutrition and challenge specifics will be covered in the kick off meeting January 6th. If you’ve been eating a paleo lifestyle for a while now please feel free to cook a paleo dish and bring it January 6th so new participants can sample how good paleo food really is.
- Challenge Dates January 12th – February 10th
- Teams of 2 – pick a partner or a partner can be assigned
- $20/pp to participate – sign up using the form below | Open to members and non members
- $15 Optional 90 page paleo guide book. Strongly suggested for 1st timers
- Paleo Kick Off Dinner
- 10% OFF all items ordered from Tyner Pond website and delivered right to the gym
- Each member of the winning team gets $100 Tyner Pond Gift Certificate
- Pre and Post Body Composition Testing – using a handheld body fat testing device
- Pre and Post Workout Test
- Private Facebook Group to have questions/concerns addressed
- Paleo Challenge Kick Off Seminar/Dinner: Tuesday, January 6th @ 7:00 PM – PRE/POST WOD’S announced. Paleo and Challenge Q&A
- DEADLINE TO SIGN UP – January 9th or January 6th if you want to have the guide book before start date
- Start Date: Monday, January 12th
- Pre Body Composition & Workout: Monday, January 12th – during regular class times
- End Date: Tuesday, February 10th
- Post Body Composition & Workout: Wednesday, February 11th – during regular class times
The participant’s WOD ranks will be averaged and then added to their body fat improvement rank to get a final score. The team with the least amount of points wins. In the event there’s a tie the team with the most pictures of their food in the Paleo Challenge Facebook group wins. If there is still a tie then the highest performance score will win.
Your pre and post WOD ranks will be averaged together and then ranked against everyone else. For Example, Brad’s Pre WOD ranks are 4th place for the 800m run, 1st place in the AMRAP, and 6th in the Back Squat 1RM. Brad’s post WOD ranks are 3rd in the 800m run, 1st in the AMRAP, and 5th in the Back Squat 1RM. Brad’s rank for each workout is added together and then divided by the number of workouts (20/6), which equals 3.33. You take this number and add it to the body fat percentage improvement rank to equal your final score.
BODY FAT PERCENTAGE SCORING
We are ranking the improvement between your pre and post body fat percentage measurement. For Example, Brad measures in at 20% body fat and then measures out at 15%. We rank the 5% improvement and then add the rank to the WOD average to equal his/her final score.
Use the CrossFit Hud Fall Paleo Challenge Facebook Page as a forum for all of you to post your daily meals, struggles, recipes, etc.
WHAT IS THE PALEO DIET?
The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic! Research in biology, biochemistry, Ophthalmology, Dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility.